Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Low Carb Holiday Appetizer: Fruit, Cheese & Nuts













This elegant appetizer comes together with minimal fuss. All you have to do is toast some nuts and assemble.

Got kids? This would be a good recipe to delegate to them.

The cheese contrasts beautifully with the sweetness of the jam and the roasted nuts provide a richness of flavor that makes you go 'mmmm.'





Ingredients
  • Cheese of your choice: I used brie and a white cheddar
  • Reduced Sugar or Sugar Free Jam of your choice: I used E.D. Smith brand which has 6g carb per tablespoon.
  • Toasted nuts: I recommend walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts.

Quantities depend on how many appetizers you want to make. You'll want 1tsp of jam and 1 nut per piece of cheese.

Instructions

1.Toast nuts at 350F for approximately 5 minutes. They will become fragrant when done.

2. If you want to smash the nuts do so, or leave whole. Or mix and match like I did.

3.Slice cheese and top with 1 tsp of jam (2g carb) and then finish with nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Some really useful slides here. I've been looking for something like this to help with a research piece I've been working on..
    Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete